Dexter High School built in 1924 in what was then called the Chautauqua Addition (located just to the north of Keller Library).
The Miracle Mile: Business 60 West
1019 W. Bus 60
Kentucky Fried Chicken building (now Huddle House). Image most likely taken early to mid 1970s.
1520 W. Bus. 60
Cec - Zell Motel (present day American Steakhouse)
August 1974, Harley's Family Restaurant (The Daily Standard, Sikeston).
In 1986 Pauline and Charles "Jug" McBride opened the American Steakhouse at present day 1520 West Business 60. In 2018 it was purchased by Amy and Aaron McBride who still run the family business today.
West Park & City Pond
Picture taken at Cooper Downs of William Jennings Bryan event. Cooper Downs became West Park.
The Daily Standard (Sikeston), August 9, 1962
(The Daily Standard, Sikeston) 1970.
February 24, 1973 (The Daily Standard).
Hidden Trails Clubhouse
(The Daily Standard, Sikeston) 1975.
West Dexter Industry
Dexter saw an influx in industry during the 1970s, which employed almost 2,000 people. The largest factory was Arvin Industries which began producing automobile exhausts in March 1974 and employed 625 people.