According to the label this house is located on Locust St. It is unknown if that is North or South Locust.
The Jeffersonian Hotel
The Jeffersonian Hotel was built in 1896 by Colonel William Jeffers, former commander of the 8th Missouri Cavalry (CSA). Jeffers eventually sold the hotel to Colonel Sutherland, who then later sold it to W. A. Leoffler. Leoffler sold it to a Dr. Williams of Doniphan who leased the hotel out to O. B. Davis. Davis was in the process of refurbishing and making improvements on the building when a fire broke out in the basement in 1938. Fifteen guests were in the hotel when it caught fire, two escaped off the fire escape and the rest through the front door. The loss from the hotel is estimated to $16,000 to $20,000 worth, Davis did not have insurance on it because he was going to wait until he was done refurbishing to do so. It stood on the northwest corner of South Main and North Mulberry streets and faced S. Main.